USN Careers. We are always on the lookout for great talent!
Job Role: BUYER
Location: Longbridge, Birmingham
Salary dependent on experience
USN UK Ltd is a dynamic sports nutrition company. Our ethos of #ChallengeYourself defines the way our team embraces every piece of work, every project, every day.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and working as part of our focussed, results driven operations team, we are looking for an exceptional Buyer to oversee all supply chain relationships and management including contract negotiation, tendering, procurement to maximise value to USN.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Negotiate new contracts and renegotiate existing contracts with suppliers on a full range of products including finished goods, raw materials, packaging and componentry together with service requirements whilst ensuring business cost and added value are both at the forefront of decisions making.
- Manage supplier relationships, ensuring full compliance with Service Level Agreements. Challenge, address and resolve with suppliers where required
- Oversee the full tender process
- Manage day to day supplier relationships
- Oversee any supply chain projects, involving other internal teams where necessary
- Develop sound forecasting and planning systems and processes
- Set, monitor and manage delivery performance system for suppliers
- Develop management reporting processes to share information with internal teams to Management reporting
- Challenge where areas can be improved
- Maximize every opportunity for efficiency, cost saving and added value
- Work in conjunction with Marketing and Innovation, Sales, Operations and Accounts teams to proactively deliver the needs for the business
- Consider future business procurement requirements for all strategic projects and other day to day business as usual needs
- As necessary, ensure that all colleagues are aware of any regulatory requirements, compliance, international trading issues, imports and legal awareness
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and an assertive approach to problem resolution
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and strong commercial acumen
- Excellent administrative, task and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Previous experience and knowledge of recognised purchasing methods
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- A passion to participate and contribute towards continuous improvement
- Sound interaction with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Technical product knowledge and understanding
- A customer focused mind-set to develop sustainable partnership plans
The successful candidate will have MCIPS or equivalent and previous experience of end to end supplier activities and relationships, 3-5 years of experience in a purchasing role with desired responsibility in supplier development and the sourcing of products from both domestic and international suppliers along with a track record of negotiating cost efficient, added value contracts.
Previous experience of the FMCG industry/environment would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop in an incredible company where the focus is on challenging yourself and continually striving to improve and exceed your personal and our business goals.
Interested candidates should send their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org which must highlight key achievements, relevant experience and suitability for the role.
Thank you in advance for your interest to join the team at USN UK. If you have not heard back from our team within 28 days of submitting your application, please consider your approach unsuccessful on this occasion.